Now in basecamp for almost a week but not much progress apart from a load carry to camp 1 and back on Friday. Julie is suffering from bad headaches, probably altitude related, and I have developed a nasty head cold keeping us both basecamp bound.
The forecast is for 3 days of snow but if our health improves we will try to head up to camp 1 and perhaps to camp 2, to further our acclimatsation before a summit bid.
In the meantime the mp3 gets a workout and we are greatly enjoying the book ‘Three Cups of Tea’ by Mortenson and Relin. Highly recommended!
Back to the book and maybe some emergency chocky (for morale boosting purposes only)…