skip to Main Content

Not this time.

Well I’m afraid there won’t be a summit for me this season. The hoped for weather window hasn’t arrived and the mountain remains shrouded in lenticular clouds, as strong winds blast over it and the temperature plummets ever lower. Our forecast indicates the same or worse for the next week, only to be followed by the jet stream moving south over the mountain, effectively ending the season. Only frostbite awaits the impatient on this climb.

Once again I find that one of the supposedly ‘easier’ 8000ers has dictated its own agenda and thwarted my plans. Still, better to live and climb another day.

Many thanks to all my family, friends and supporters. I hope to do better next time.
Until then, best regards

Back To Top